Test stands for defibration, screening, chemical upgrading of fibres, refining, flotation, washing, sheet forming, treatment in the size press or metered size press, super-calendering and circuit water treatment enable studies across several process steps so that raw materials, converting properties and product utility can be assessed. On a pilot paper machine with top wire, sheet forming trials are carried out for single- and double-layered fibre mats. 1 - 10 kg pulp are required per test run. All trials carried out on PTS pilot plants are kept strictly confidential. The tested products are encoded and the findings are exclusively disclosed to the ordering party.
Clients may use these pilot plants for the following purposes:
- near-practical quality assessments of pulps
- development and testing of new fibre upgrading technologies
- field-oriented testing for optimized use of new materials
- optimization of materials and quality levels (fibres/fillers/process chemicals)
- designing of new paper qualities and production of samples for application studies
- staff training and demonstration of recent technologies.