We are a service provider and your partner to evaluate and modify surfaces. Our laboratories offer state-of-the-art equipment for powerful surface analytics, e.g. to evaluate surface parameters, characterise optical properties or evaluate printability.
Our value propositions:
- Web-type materials
- Optimisation of printability and runnability, especially for digital printing processes, offset and flexography.
- Smart interfaces, e.g. porosity, sorption and shielding.
- Functionalisation of surfaces, e.g. switchable properties or 3D structures.
- Raw materials
- Reduction in quantities used, e.g. increased bonding strength.
- Replacement of undesirable substances, e.g. boric acid, petrochemical products.
- Use of innovative materials for specific applications.
- Technology transfer
- The use of proven, adapted or new processes to implement novel products and efficient processes, e.g. functional printing or networking technologies.
We support companies by providing practical assistance:
- We examine the suitability of raw materials and coatings aimed at achieving specific properties, e.g. binders, crosslinking agents, pigments, adhesives, paints and varnishes.
- We evaluation the penetration of paper surfaces and simulate dynamic processes, e.g. in inkjet printing or bonding corrugated boards.
- We develop papers for high-speed inkjet printing on a laboratory and pilot scale and pre-certify them using industrial printing technology.
- We develop formulations and coatings for individual applications.
- We optimise or replace the manufacturing and processing technology for new and proven products (printing/crosslinking, extruding/crosslinking).
- We provide advice when substances of concern are used in layers or in paper.