Tests proving the compliance with relevant food laws are becoming ever more important – also due to the migration of unwanted substances from packages made from paper for recycling. We offer reliable measurements of mineral oil content by GC/FID as well as migration analyses.
Examples from our service range:
- Development of barriers preventing the migration of unwanted ingredients (sample production and analyses on laboratory and pilot scale), detection of unwanted ingredients like mineral oils in paper, paperboard and board
- Analysing the migration of substances like mineral oils from paper and paperboard in food stimulants (Tenax migration); studying the migration into foodstuffs
- Determining the barrier effects of films, foils, coatings and absorbent materials against petroleum-derived hydrocarbons etc.
- Determining the effect of creasing, folding and cutting on the migration properties of cartonboard packages
- Environmental compatibility: evaluation of papermaking and converting products or residues
- Environmental Label: analysis of paper, paperboard and board for compliance with the award criteria of the Environmental Label (RAL-UZ)
- Determination of the transfer of antimicrobial constituents (Hemmhof test)