Despite the continued prevalence of conventional test methods in printing and converting, modern analytical techniques have found their way into this area as well – complementing the established technology and providing deeper insights into ”true“ phenomena. We have pushed ahead with and contributed greatly to the introduction of new test methods in this area – profit from our expertise!
Examples from our service portfolio:
- Pre-certification of papers for high-speed inkjet printing
- DataMatrix code: Assessing the codability of cartonboard for pharmaceutical packaging
- Use of advanced image-analytical methods (DOMASmultispec) for analyses of print unevenness, gravure printing, missing dots, heliotest, bleeding & wicking, picking, penetration and mottling behaviour etc.
- Area and intensity distribution of printed dots
- Quality assurance and process optimisation by means of scanner-based integrated paper and print analyses.
- Optimisation of hot sealing processes and materials
- Abrasion measurement of die cutting tools
- Determining the release forces of pressure-sensitive composites and peel resistance of adhesives
- Behaviour of pressure-sensitive composites in rotary die cutters
- Measuring the quality of cut edges
- Testing of plastic films, adhesive and finishing layers